I'm a beginner at conversions and cars in general, but I'm looking to convert a car to diesel as sort of a summer project. I turn 15 this summer and get my permit and I really wanted to skip the whole $3.25 / gallon of gas/diesel deal and go straight to W.V.O. I have my parents permission to do this conversion as long as if it doesn't work out i have to pay the diesel prices. I have several questions/concerns that i need to have answered before i begin this:
1. What car is the best for conversions? Mercedes?? (not SUV or Truck)
2. Should I get a kit or is it easier from scratch?
3. Whats the deal with high mileage? in other words: How many mile will a diesel engine run?
4. What are the most important things to remember when I'm buying the car?
5. What are the most important things to remember when I'm converting the car?
and anything else that I need to know before I begin.